- To promote economically viable, democratic and self governing Farmer Producer Organisations (FPOs).
- To provide support for the promotion of such FPOs by qualified and experienced Resource Institutions (RIs).
- To provide the required assistance and resources – policy action, inputs, technical knowledge, financial resources and infrastructure – to strengthen these FPOs.
- To remove hurdles in enabling farmers access the markets through their FPOs, both as buyers and sellers.
- To create an enabling policy environment for investments in FPOs to leverage their collective production and marketing power.